Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:20:21 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <matthias.apitz@oclc.org>
To:        benjamin thielsen <bthielsen@safarivideonetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get my Dad's Win2k system to access internet through my FreeBSD 6.2 system

El día Tuesday, October 14, 2008 a las 08:10:42AM -0400, benjamin thielsen escribió:

> Manish Jain wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >I am poor at networking and need a little bit of help. My dad has a
> >Windows 2000 machine with a network card but does not have a
> >connection
> >to the internet. My freebsd 6.2 box is connected to the internet and
> >has
> >2 network cards, rl0 and rl1. rl0 connects to the ISP and rl1 is
> >directly connected via a long Ethernet cable to the NIC on my dad's
> >machine. While I can access the internet easily, I want my dad to be
> >able to connect to the internet with my freebsd box serving as the
> >gateway. Can anyone please explain to me in easy steps how to
> >accomplish
> >this ?
> >

> Although to many old-timers this is easily achieved, to someone new to
> networking it is difficult to explain it in "easy steps". It involves
> a set
> of pieces that have to fit together correctly in order to work. You will
> need to do some proper reading on the underlying concepts first.

You wrote the same mail 6 times (at least) to the mailing-list; I've
checked the Message-ID lines, all are diffrent:

<B2833B23-E0B8-4D24-8B59-9054CC612914@safarivideonetworks.com>
<00F22CA4-ABCE-4ED4-9D95-D29C38CD80E7@safarivideonetworks.com>
<3304F61B-C904-4D6B-AD90-3529C0CDDC81@safarivideonetworks.com>
<89831744-5AB2-4976-945A-B320DD587E17@safarivideonetworks.com>