Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:57:52 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Ken Kyler" <ken@kyler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLan, PAO & PCMIA Card Adapter

> From: "Ken Kyler" <ken@kyler.com>
> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:37:13 -0500
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I'm trying to setup a FreeBSD box (not a laptop) to use the WaveLan/IEEE
> Turbo 11 pcmcia card.  I'm using the WaveLan PCI PC Card to PCI bus adapter.
> This box also has 2 other NICs: one to my DSL line and another to my hub.
> This box will be my router/firewall.  I want to use the WaveLan to allow my
> wife's laptop (a Win98 system) to access my local net.
>
> Using the PAO kern and mfsroot floppies (version 3.4-RELEASE), I installed
> FreeBSD via ftp using the NIC connected to my DSL line.  So far so good.
> The bad news is the system does not recognize the WaveLan card.  The card's
> LEDs aren't lit either.

Have you build the kernel with the wi0 device specified? I also set a
hard IRQ in my pccard.conf file, although I'm not sure i needed to.

I don't use PAO, but my WaveLAN Gold Turbo works fine on my 3.4-Stable
laptop and I believe I even had it running with 3.4-release.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)