Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:31:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      c0ldbyte <c0ldbyte@myrealbox.com>
To:        kalin mintchev <kalin@el.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: build error...

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, kalin mintchev wrote:

> hi ..
>
> i'm trying to build the sdk 1.4.2 from ports...  bsd 5.3
>
> after an hour or so here is what happens:
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location/usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java/util/CurrencyData.java:1:
> 'class' or 'interface' expected
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location^
> /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/gensrc/java/util/CurrencyData.java:1:
> unclosed character literal
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location                                       ^
> 2 errors
> gmake[4]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
> gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/j2se/make/java/java'
> gmake[3]: *** [optimized] Error 2
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/j2se/make/java/java'
> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/j2se/make/java'
> gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/j2se/make'
> gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
>

> what now?
>
> thanks...
> --

What CFLAGS are defined in /etc/make.conf or whereever else you might
have defined them ?. Also have you CVSup'd your tree lately ?. And
finally (uname -v)?. and options that you have added or taken out of
your kernel config ?. Personaly I have had jdk14 and still have it
installed on my 5.3-RELEASE-p5 box but, it does not work properly. I
get cant create vm object when used from the console on non specific
jar files and get applet notinited in firefox. the info i have on my
box right now is located at the following URL. If you get it to work
and figure out what the problem might be give me a hollar.

https://berkeley.homeunix.net/JAVA/

Thanks in advance and best luck with all.
 	--c0ldbyte