Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:17:23 -0800
From:      Ranger@oldpathsbaptistchurch.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        lane@joeandlane.com
Subject:   old modems?

=A0Greetings to all,

=A0 I just upgraded my old IBM 300PL from FreeBSD 4.2 -> FreeBSD 6.1.=A0

=A0 Everything works, as before EXCEPT my old USRobotics 33.6 modem
(with jumpers).

=A0 =A0

=A0 6.1 doesn?t seem to find or recognize the modem.=A0 It is set to
com1, IRQ4.

=A0 =A0

=A0 KPPP finds the modem sometimes, like after a complete powerdown
then restart ? but does not initialize it or dial the numbers.

What I?m wondering is if this modem is too old for 6.1 to deal with.=A0
And, if so, what kind of modem is BEST for 6.1.

=A0 =A0

=A0 I know this would be a question for ?newbies? but alas, ?newbies?
does not exist now-a-days.

=A0 =A0

=A0 Please help, and thank you in advance.

=A0 =A0

=A0 Ciao,