Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:45:05 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Ian Pulsford <ianjp@optusnet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: how do I turn off all freebsd demons?

On 2002-04-22 22:08, Ian Pulsford wrote:
> A discussion about BSDs arose on my local Unix user group mailing list
> (www.humbug.org.au) which is normally dominated by people asking Linux
> configuration questions.  Over the next few days some numbers of BSD
> users emerged on the list to comment.  I think it shows that BSD users
> tend to be quieter about what they are doing, but there are more than
> there might seem to be with a cursory glance.

They are hiding, because there are still rumours in local circles of
the "pointy stake, the beheading sword and the fire" as the only way
to get rid of those daemons...  Come to think of it, even Black
Sabbath had a very hard time to get rid of the rumours of their
connection with the Occult :-P

- Giorgos