Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 05:59:58 -0600
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARGH!!! make world failed - how to proceed

I've been trying to get from 2.1-RELEASE to 2.1 stable for some time now.
Many people here have helped a lot, but another 'issue' decided to arise <grin>.

The first time make world failed, it was right towards the beginning (within
3 minutes of starting). Apparently I needed to re-sup the gnu stuff. Then I
started make world again at 7:30am yesterday. It ran great until 4:45pm,
when it stopped with a lot of messages, the last few of which were:

/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c: 579: structure has no member named 'fw_tcpnf'
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c: In function 'ipfw_main'
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c: 636: 'IP_FW_ZERO' undeclared (first use this
function)
Error code 1

Question #1 - what do I need to do to fix this?
Question #2 - This is the first make world from 2.1R to 2.1Stable, is there
any way to have the make world start hereabouts so it doesn't have to run
all over again for hours on end? I think it was almost finished. Or, if I
fix problem above will make world automagically notice that most was already
done? Can users be logged in now and/or while the make world runs?
Question #3 - I noticed a few warnings during the make world (something
about implicit redeclaration). Is that normal?

Thanks VERY much in advance...

Jay West