Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:42:42 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Micha? Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting & Makefiles

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 03:47:05AM +0100, Micha? Pasternak wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Which option is better ?
>
>- I use diff and create a big patch in ./files/
>- I use DISTFILES and fetch a new, .bzipped Makefile from another site.

How about:

- I add a "pre-build::" target that moves the original Makefile out of the
way, and copies my new Makefile from $FILESDIR (files/).

freebsd-questions@ removed from Cc: list. ports@ is the right place. :)

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff $PffMmmPppMpmPpfPpm mfpmmmmmfpmpmpppff.