Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2014 14:23:40 +0200
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        curtis@ipv6.occnc.com
Cc:        Yonghyeon PYUN <pyunyh@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any news about "msk0 watchdog timeout" regression in 10-RELEASE?

On 01/21/14 21:56, Curtis Villamizar wrote:
> I have mine working but I haven't done a lot of reboots to see if it
> is a "fix" or luck.
>
> There is a lot of junk that you won't need in the code that is running
> well for me.  But here it is, as-is warts and all.
>
> I've been swamped lately and haven't had time to look at this further.

I've tried the patch, and the testing went like this:
1) Reboot into fixed kernel => msk0 shows watchdog timeouts.
2) Reboot again => no timeouts, but the interrupt storm is still there.
3) Disable the machine completely for 15 minutes (take out the battery
too; it's a laptop), boot fixed kernel => msk works fine.
4) Reboot one more time => msk still works fine.
5) Reboot into 10-RELEASE kernel => watchdog timeouts.
6) Disable the machine completely for 15 minutes, boot fixed kernel =>
still watchdog timeouts.
7) Disable the machine for 30 minutes, boot fixed kernel => nope, still
doesn't work.

So, there was a success once (step 3), but I was not able to reproduce
it after that. Seems to be random.