Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:32:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Database and MyODBC2.50.34 on FreeBSD4.3-RELEASE

I have setup the following
/usr/local/www
   apache
   mysql
   iodbc
   myodbc
   perl

Apache1.30.20 works with mod_perl1.26, MySQL3.23.41 works with
transactions, perl-5.6.1 works.

AFAIK, libiodbc-2.50.3 is installed correctly.
My odbc.ini file is as follows:

[ODBC Data Sources]
    Myodbc          = Myodbc
[Myodbc]
        Driver          = /usr/local/www/myodbc/lib/libmyodbc.so
        HOST            = localhost
        Database        = test
        Socket          = /usr/local/www/mysql/mysql.sock
        Port            = 3306
        User            = user
        Password        = pass
        DSN             = Myodbc

When I run odbctest from libiodbc/samples I get :

drunken# ./odbctest
OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?

DSN                            | Description
Myodbc                         |

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=Myodbc
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/www/myodbc/lib/libmyodbc.so:
Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_init"
drunken#

I'm guessthing this is because my pthread library is not shared.  I read
the man page on pthread... It said gcc has a freebsd specific option
 -pthread to link against libc_r instead of libc.... so I hacked
MyODBC's Makefile to have CFLAGS = -O2 -pipe -pthread

That didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance,

Philip