Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 15:53:35 -0500
From:      Drifter <drifter@stratos.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Looking advice on SCSI tape drive

	Hi,
	I am not ready to fork out a large amount of cash right now. But I
am interested in getting some advice in advance on what scsi DDS tape drives
will work with my Adaptech 1520 card. (SCSI II)
	In a release notes file, I noticed that they said that
there was "weak support" for this card -- yet it works just fine with my
ZIP drive. Would I be looking for trouble if I got a DDS for that type.
	In any case, I am looking for a replacement for my Iomega Ditto
Floppy Tape drive -- since apparently there is no driver for it and people
here, apparently, have some moral problems with floppy drives :)
	BTW, I am using FreeBSD 2.2.5.
	PS: Any advice an SCSI hard drives -- I am looking for the right
balance between size (500 MB minumum -- 2 GIG maximum) and price. Thanks

	- Drifter

--
drifter@stratos.nospam.net (remove nospam to send)
     "Ever notice that in every commercial about the Internet, advertising