Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 20:30:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   tya on FreeBSD?

  I though the tya JIT 1.2v3 on FreeBSD was easy.  During compilation, I
got a lot of warning, and it finally died on tyaasm.S with "alignment too
large".  I had modified the configure.in file to setup detection of the
jdk (I'm using the latest 1.1.7 build).

  I don't think the "FREEBSD" define is making it to the Makefile though.
I added a "-DFREEBSD" to the Makefile, and got it to build a little
farther before it died complaining of imcompatible pointer types in
"tyaruntime.c"

  Anyone got tya to work?

Tom