Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2015 05:48:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Keogh <pkeogh@compusoftcs.com>
To:        Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mrsas on Dell R730

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I've a new R730, and I just install FreeBSD 10.1 with mrsas driver for
> the raid card (the mfi don't works).
>
> Now the server is up and running I would like to known if they are any
> method to get the status of the raid card ?
>
> I just pull out one disk from the raid luns so the volume should be on
> « degraded » mode, but I don't see anywhere. No message on the dmesg.
> And through camcontrol I don't see how I can get the status.
>
> Regards.
>
> JAS

Have you tried the MegaCli or MegaCli6?

It works on PERC controllers. The commands and syntax take a while to
get used to, and comprehensive documentation is sparse -
http://tools.rapidsoft.de/perc/ is a good resource as well as IBM's
manual for their implementation at http://goo.gl/0mLjEl to learn more.