Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 1996 14:53:23 -0500
From:      "John D. Szumowski" <harpo@javanet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   solution to Xterm scrollbars!

This actually turned out to be a fairly trivial problem to solve (if you
recall, i had installed color_xterm and my xaw3d scrollbars vanished.)
Here's what I did:
1. remove color_xterm with pkg_delete
2. backup Xaw dir of /usr/X11/include/X11 and then delete it. In its
place, i created a sym link pointing to the Xaw3d directory.
3. reinstalled color_xterm via ports.
4. added appropriate lines to .Xdefaults (for scroller colors)

This may have been an isolated problem, but I have a feeling that some
other apps experiencing problems with Xaw3d might benefit from this
solution.
--
| ((___)) | "You can tune a file system, but you   | ((___)) |