Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:57:03 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Volunteers wanted for freshports project

I'm looking for some people to help me out with the freshports project
I've started.  Basically, it's freshmeat but just for ports.  All 100%
automated.  It's sort of like what you get from
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi only with greater functionality.

The skills I'm looking for are file manipulation with tools such as awk
and/or perl.  The tasks I have for people are quite short tasks.  For
people skilled at these tools, the task should only take a half hour or so
from what I've seen other do.  It's just that I don't have the skills.

Those who wish to join the project, please contact me off list.

I'm also interested in hearing from people who would like to discuss the
best ways of implementing this project.  I have a few ideas, and have
tested most of them.  I also have some test pages running.  But I would
like to hear from those who know much more about this area than I do.

Perhaps the ports mailng list is the best place to discuss this?
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
http://www.dvl-software.com/ |  http://www.unixathome.org/