Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:24:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath driver transmit power?

Kris Maglione wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but does anyone if/when the native ath driver will
> support turbo modes (mainly for 11a, since both my card and my driver
> support it.). With turbo mode, this thing can go faster than my
> hard-wired ethernet, even through a wall with 11a.

Um, I _think_ I'm running mine in turbo mode right now.  At least, the
access point and ifconfig both think so.

lap# ifconfig ath0
ath0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet XXXXXXXXXXXX netmask XXXXXXXXXXXX broadcast XXXXXXXXXXXX
        ether XXXXXXXXXXXX
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11a <turbo> (OFDM/18Mbps <turbo>)
        status: associated
        ssid "Wired A" channel 58 bssid 00:02:6f:20:b6:a9

(Since I'm mentioning this, one thing I ran into is that the rate control
isn't very responsive; I improved that by setting dev.ath.0.rate_interval
to 250.  I'm currently using the 'onoe' rate module.  The change made a
very noticeable difference.)

I'm running -current.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/