Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:35:43 +0100
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow system freeze - panic

--nextPart2509872.4SXDGVqNkQ

Hello Peter,

I've photographed my console and uploaded the pics, you can see it here:
http://maxlor.com/log (844KB total).

After seeing trace's output, it occurred to me that the nvidia driver=20
might be the problem. And indeed, after disabling it, the panic on boot=20
went away.

Note however that this does *not* solve the original freeze problem, since=
=20
I've had that one both with and without the binary nvidia driver (and=20
both under i386 and amd64).

> Hmm.  I can't find that string anywhere in the sources.  Are you sure
> "rm.mutex_mtx" is correct?

yes.

> I suggest you read ddb(4) and the developer's handbook URL that I
> posted.

I did. It doesn't mean much to me, really, since the kernel code is=20
totally unfamiliar to me. I don't really know what I'm looking for...=20
(ok, in this case, the mention of nvidia_* was kind of obvious :) )

Season's Greetings
Benjamin Lutz