Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:13:18 -0500
From:      Tony Rimovsky <tony@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, netdev@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad T20 rejects FreeBSD  Was: FreeBSD 4.1 on IBM Thinkpad T20

We tried a Win98/FreeBSD combination with no luck.  Same apparent problem.
Once we changed the partition type number for the FBSD partition, the T20
would boot again.

Can you get your hands on a T20 with FreeBSD on it that works?  I'd like to
find out as much about how it is configured as possible (disk layout, bios
version, hardware rev., etc.)

thanks for any help
/tsr