Date:      Wed, 06 May 1998 18:44:49 +0100
From:      Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle 7 on FreeBSD

>We have an NC-server here to evaluate. (from NC corp..) (aka oracle)
>
>It's a FreeBSD box and it has a fully native FreeBSD oracle on it..
>
>My sugestion:
>
>ask NC corp to sell you a NC server
>get the oracle pre-installed :-)
>
>I haven't tried upgrading to a newer FreeBSD, but My guess is that
>it might work. It's NCOS 2.0 (whatever version of FreeBSD on earth
>THAT actually is..)
>
>If I knew anything about Oracle I'd have tar'd it up and tried
>running it on a newer FreeBSD by now..
>
>julian

NCOS 2.0 as used on client NCs is NetBSD based and I'd be fairly amazed if
there was any use of FreeBSD over NetBSD on other related products. I used
to be involved in NetBSD/ARM (or RiscBSD as it's often called) which is
sort of the root of NCOS 2.0 for the Arm based NC - somehow wound up not
being involved by the time NCI got the group to work on NCOS2.0 so I'm not
fully up to date on things. Don't know but I wouldn't be at all surprised
if there was a port oracle to it given the connection between oracle and NCI.

BTW - how much was the server?

Manar