Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:02:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        jln@vhm.com (Joe Nieten)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd security problem

wuftpd will do a chroot() to their directory if you set their home
directory up as something like:

/home/./a/angio

-- it'll chroot to /home before allowing the user access.

I believe that's all explained in the wuftpd man pages, but I could be wrong.

   -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)