Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 08:19:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Colin Yuile <colin@ips.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Summary DPT raidstation3

Problems solved. I had put an active terminator on the raidstation, and this
seemed to be causing the main problems. The manual states that an external
terminator is not needed. I had also put a cdrom on the internal narrow port
and the ribbon cable proved to be too long.

After removing the terminator and changing the cable FreeBSD installed
perfectly. The system ran flawlessly and there were no problems with me
removing a drive from the running system.

thanks to all those that replied to my question,

Colin Yuile (colin@ips.gov.au)

IT Manager, IPS Radio and Space Services
Department of Industry Science and Tourism