Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:19:55 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@westgate.gr>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@citusc.usc.edu>, igorr@crosswinds.net, green@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reminder:  Just 7 days till 4.2 code freeze!

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 07:20:42PM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 05:58:38PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Grr. Brian, how many bug reports does it take for you to do something
> > > about this?
> >
> > This should either be fixed or entirely backed out by 4.2-RELEASE.
>
> IIRC, the fix was to add a passwd_format capability to login.conf.  If
> that's the case, wouldn't a src/UPDATING entry suffice?  If this is
> not the case, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth.

Ahem.  I did add this entry to my /etc/login.conf and ran cap_mkdb on my
login.conf, then logged off all my terminals and logged in again.  It
did not solve the 'cannot set password cipher' problem though.
As this machine is the name server of our local network, I cannot
reboot the machine now, to see if this will fix the problem after the
login.conf/cap_mkdb changes, but later this afternoon I will try this
too.

- giorgos