Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:55:41 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "P.D. Seniura" <pdseniura@techie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -Current build problems with audio/arts: "lt-mcopidl in free(): error: chunk is already free" and core dumped

--Boundary-02=_Qg7EBCs7YlORri2

On Friday 06 August 2004 18:41, P.D. Seniura wrote:

> Still got Abort/dump from mcopidl.
> RM'd the /etc/malloc.conf and changed/unset
> the MALLOC_OPTIONS string.

That won't work, -CURRENT _defaults_ to warnings=3D=3Derrors.

Do: ln -sf aj /etc/malloc.conf to set it to RELEASE defaults.

> The _real_ fix would be to figure out where
> the double-free() is occurring inside the
> mcopidl pgm. =A0It isn't pure C++ it has to
> go thru some mortifications (looks like a
> mix of yacc / bison). =A0So the bug could be
> just about anywhere.

As I've said before, I'm not seeing that double-free at all. Perhaps you ha=
ve=20
libraries which mcopidl links to and which are left over from the gcc-3.3=20
era? Hot candidates are glib-2.0 and libiconv.

Also, as said before: If everything fails, use the package.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org