Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 09:57:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        llay@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Enigma)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specific Driver support question

Enigma stands accused of saying:

> I didn't see the Smartcache III from DPT on the list of supported SCSI
> adaptors. Curious, is it NOT supported--or is there any way to get around
> that? Strange though, FreeBSD is popular among servers--and DPT's SCSI
> adaptors are also more popular among servers for their expandability and
> extensive RAID support.

DPT are looking seriously at supporting FreeBSD in the near future.  Please
call DPT and tell them that you'd like to pass on your expression of interest,
particularly if you're likely to be a big customer.

> Second question, is it possible to use BSD 4.3 filesystem on FreeBSD? I
> was thinking... FreeBSD is based on BSD 4.4 lite--which decended from BSD
> 4.3--so it should be able to, right?

4.3 from _what_?  You have an old RA-81 with a 4.3 filesystem on it?  You're
just the person I'm looking for to offload this SCSI-SDI interface I picked
up a while back!