Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:50:26 -0300
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        "Satendra Pratap" <Satendra.Pratap@citrix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org, Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: regarding 1 Gig Chelsio SFP support

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Satendra Pratap
<Satendra.Pratap@citrix.com> wrote:
--8<---
> We have chelsio T304 1 Gig card which supports Fiber SFP. I have already
> asked from chelsio guys for its Driver support on FreeBSD and still
> waiting for reply. Just wondering if anybody could let me know about
> T304's Driver support on FreeBSD.
>
> One more question, because we use third party SFPs (finsar, picolight
> etc) so do we need to download SFP's drivers also or NIC vendor's
> device driver should already have that support?

Kip Macy <kmacy@...> is the maintainer of drivers for some Chelsio
hardware. If you are attempting to use the hardware on FreeBSD 6.x of
7.x then ask in the freebsd-stable mailing list, otherwise ask in
freebsd-current.

--
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/life
make clean