Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:22:59 -0800
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CFR: Volume labels in FFS

--4wKa0rmtotUGtIt6

I'd like to get some review of my patch to add volume label support to FFS.
I've already changed struct fs (sorry non-i386 users) to allocate some space
for the label. I'm looking to commit this relatively soon unless there is
some major problems with the review.

http://people.freebsd.org/~gordon/patches/volume.diff

The patch is basically a GEOM module (which allows you to use volume labels
for your root partition is you so desire (my laptop's root slice is mounted
from /dev/vol/rootfs)) and a couple modifications to add labels (newfs,
tunefs).

-gordon

--4wKa0rmtotUGtIt6

--4wKa0rmtotUGtIt6--