Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:33:41 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/44321: devel/automake14 - packaging failure

in message <200210210020.g9L0K25w075895@freefall.freebsd.org>,
wrote AlanE thusly...

> The following reply was made to PR ports/44321; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
>
>  On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 07:36:34PM -0400, parv wrote:
>  >
>  >Making install in tests
>  >===>   Generating temporary packing list
>  ># temporary
>  >/bin/ln -s . /usr2/local/share/automake14/automake
>  >ln: /usr2/local/share/automake14/automake/.: File exists
>  >*** Error code 1
>
>  Your install dir is nonstandard, and and I don't have a clue
>  about what's going on.
>
>  You'll have to supply more detail (*lots* more) or I will close
>  the PR with no resolution.

alan, what other details you might have needed from me to solve the
problem?  i thought i gave submitted all the relevant data.  what
could be "*lots* more"?  output of "make -d A package"?

i know that recent update(s) to automake14 has(ve) solved the
problem, but i could not comprehend the request for more
information.   so i am just looking for explanation/clarification;
nothing personal.

  - parv