Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:30:35 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Antonio Carlos Venancio Junior <floripa@zoing.net>
To:        The Utz Family <utz@serv.net>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CMI 8738

Friend,

        Yeah! PCI onboard chipset.

> CMedia PCI onboard chipset. My box at home has the CMI8330 which is an isa
> onboard chipset.
>
>>         FreeBSD detects it in boot time, but as on unknown board.
>>         Any clue? =)

        Who?! Where?! When?! Why?! hehehe

> i *thought* that someperson had submitted a patch for one of the CMedia
> PCI versions, but i suspect it was the other PCI version, which is the one
> that is between yours and mine.

        I already used my kernel with pcm and all kind of devices. None of them
worked. What you mean by "little kernel hacking"? =)

> if you are up for a little kernel hacking, you can get newpcm to recognize
> it as the older chip, *but* that doesnt actually mean that it would work.
>:-(

        Mine never worked. :/

> that's how i got my sound to work, i just had the kernel treat it as an
> AD1848 which is the original MSS codec. I was missing a lotta
> functionality that way, but at least i get sound...

        No, I have custom kernel.

> the other question that comes to mind, your not just using the GENERIC
> kernel, right? I dont think that it has pcm built into it, but i could be
> wrong....

Cya

Antonio
[ floripa@zoing.net | antonio@inf.ufsc.br ]
[ ICQ# 9253680 | Floripa | MySQL | PHP | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve ]
---
They spell it "da Vinci" and pronounce it "da Vinchy".  Foreigners
always spell better than they pronounce.
		-- Mark Twain