Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 1997 16:30:17 -0400
From:      Chris <theta@gte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        theta@gte.net, chris@theta.dyn.ml.org
Subject:   Re: Writing PPP scripts

I am having difficulties writing a PPP script.  I am new to FreeBSD.  I
am using 2.2.2.

I have looked at the man page for ppp and the sample ppp.conf file and
have tried modifying that script to no avail.  It dials, but errs out.
A script session looks like this

ppp theta> dial gte
dial attempt 1 of 1
phone 916095867747
Dial OK!
login failed

I achieve these results with this script (just a slight modification of
the simplesite script) :

gte:
 set phone 916095867747
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 login: GTE/theta word: (my password here) ocol:
ppp"
 set timeout 0

I don't know if I modified the script correctly or not.

A successful manual login looks like this:

UQKT2 Max3.Newark.NJ.MS.UU.NEt

Login: GTE/theta
Password: (not echoed)
        Entering PPP Mode.