Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:28:56 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/30447: remove broken cxconfig(8) reference from manpage of cx(4)

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:20:01AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:

>    So where should we go from here?  Should these programs just be
>  removed?  It looks like there are two separate mechanisms in
>  src/sbin/Makefile for conditionally including subdirectories.

Yes.  One test for ${MACHINE_ARCH}, and another for ${MACHINE}.
The only unusual combination currently is i386/pc98, and we
still want these (kget, mount_nwfs) for MACHINE=pc98.

>    I think we should move kget and mount_nwfs into the i386 directory
>  (repo-copy) and I'm not sure what to do about cxconfig.  Does this
>  device still work with FreeBSD?  Do we just leave it as is?
>
>  .if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == i386
>  SUBDIR+=        kget mount_nwfs
>  .endif
>
>  .if exists(${.CURDIR}/${MACHINE})
>  SUBDIR+= ${MACHINE}
>  .endif

Nope, we should leave these as is for the above reasons, and
I've connected cxconfig(8) to build after WARNSifying it.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,