Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:10:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      beazley@sol.cs.utah.edu (David Beazley)
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/2220: Submitted port of swig 1.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/2220; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: beazley@sol.cs.utah.edu (David Beazley)
To: "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
Cc: Bruce Gingery <bgingery@TotSysSoft.com>, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
        beazley@cs.utah.edu
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:03:03 -0700

 Eric L. Hernes writes:

  > >The reason I didn't see yours was a port name of SWIG contrary
  > >to naming standards, but sure, enough, on another look there yours
  > >is in 2.1.5-RELEASE/ports/devel/SWIG.
  >
  > Yea, that's how Jordan created it.  I didn't ask why, but he asked
  > if I wanted to take it over, so I did...  Now I see a 1.1b2 on the
  > master site, is it worth upgrading before 2.2 goes out?

 1.1b2 is an experimental release that still has a number of
 small bugs in it and no updated documentation.  I would wait until
 1.1 final is released (in early January) before updating from 1.0.
 Just a thought.

 Cheers,

 Dave Beazley