Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:26:21 -0800
From:      Mike Morris <mcmorris@jps.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Install

Hello to whomever answers this e-mail-

I've been looking for an alternative operating system to run on one of
my computers.  I thought I'd give FreeBSD a shot, so I went and
downloaded what I believe is the entire version 3.0 distribution from
ftp4.freeBSD.org.  The total size is 1.07 gigs (this was no small feat
with a 28.8 modem).  I would like to do a CD-ROM install, as that seems
to be the smartest way to go.  I have a CD-Writer, so burning the CD's
is no problem.  There is enough material to nearly fill up two CD's.  So
my question is, Does it matter which directories go on which CD?  I
checked witht the "layout.txt" file, and I have all of the directories
included in that file, and then some.  So, if you could, please tell me
how my directory structure should look for my install CD's.  Another
possibility, which I just discovered, would be to download the ISO
images for 3.0 off of the FTP site.  That, however, would take quite
awhile to download.  Would it be worth it?  Thanks in advance for you
help.

--Mike Morris