Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 06:28:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr (Nicolas Souchu)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, mbouget@club-internet.fr
Subject:   Re: I2C and SMB development status

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to synchronize current works on I2C and SMB
>
> Here we have developed an I2C framework with a PCF (master/slave) driver.
> It looks like this:
>

> +---------+ +----------+
> | iic I/O | | if_ic.c  |		DEVICES
> +---------+ +----------+
>
> +----------------------+
> |      iicbus          |		BUS
> +----------------------+
>
> +---------+ +----------+
> |  pcf    | | bit-bang |		ADAPTERS
> +---------+ +----------+
>
> iic: master polled I/O allows to access any chip on the i2c bus

What do you mean here by "master polled I/O"?

> if_ic: point to point IP driver over i2c
> iicbus: i2c bus generic code (exactly like ppbus for parallel port)
> pcf: pcf driver
> bit-bang: bit banging driver not yet ported from Peter Dufault code
> (Peter, would you have time/want to port your big-banging code?)

My schedule doesn't permit it now.  Anyone interested in a non-blocking
bit banging implementation should look in the i2cslave code in
my i2c code.  Just now I'm more interested in getting some of your work
for the PCF since I need the interrupt driven version and haven't gotten
around to it yet.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval