Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:07:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        grobin@accessv.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-Windows desktop is larger than my screen.

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 1997 at 11:14:12PM -0500, Geoffrey Robinson wrote:
> > When I run X-windows the desktop is a few lines longer than my screen,

> What do you mean by the desktop?  What window manager are you running?
> What resolution?

:-) When I first ran X I worked like this in 640x480 for ages, not knowing
that you can often wave the mouse at the edge of the screen to see the rest
of the window, or that you can change resolution using crtl,alt,+ or
ctrl,alt,- together, or how to move or resize windows, or that this stuff
depended on a "window manager" being chosen and run.

And it was and eternity before I discovered those um, thingamies, where you
have like 6 "screens" side by side and can swap from one of these screens to
another. Then I called myself a Power X User! but in retrospect I was just
an optimist.

Regards,
        -*Sue*-