Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:40:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      AMAKAWA Shuhei <sa264@cam.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/31208: Fix bugs in net/generic-nqs.  Now it really works!

The following reply was made to PR ports/31208; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: AMAKAWA Shuhei <sa264@cam.ac.uk>
To: tonym@biolateral.com.au
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, tom@FreeBSD.org,
	Tony Maher <tonymaher@optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:31:19 +0000

 Thank you very much for reviewing the pr.

 > >      files/patch-ai fixes the bug which caused removal of jobs from a pipe
 > >      queue when all the inbound-load-balanced queues that follow it are
 > >      busy.
 >
 > Looks correct to me but I do not have a network to test with at the moment.
 > interconn is required on BSD systems (see patch-aa).
 > Actually I'd suggest that this patch-ai be modified to do error checking
 > as in patch-aa
 >
 >     if (interconn () < 0) {
 >         fprintf (stderr, "%s(FATAL): Unable to get ", Nqsmgr_prefix);
 >         fprintf (stderr, "a pipe to the local daemon.\n");
 >         exit (16);
 >     }

 Looks good to me, although I haven't tested.
 My fix (without your error checking) has been working fine and you
 could trust me about that.  The addition of the error checking
 shouldn't affect that.

 > Please commit.

 Please do.

 --