Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 03:02:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: copyright notice in /usr/src/lib/libc/stdtime missing?

On Sun, 26 May 1996, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> revision 1.1
> date: 1994/09/13 03:39:00;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;
> branches:  1.1.1;
> Initial revision
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.1.1.1
> date: 1994/09/13 03:39:01;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -0
> The rest of tzcode94g from Arthur David Olson.
>
> Obtained From: Arthur David Olson, ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzcode94g.tar.gz
>

> You need to slap Garrett's hand for importing source code without a proper
> copyright, then you need to contact Arthur David Olson and obtain a copy
> of the files with a proper copyright placed by him in them, then import
> these new versions into FreeBSD and handle the merge.
>
> You just can't go slap arbitrary copyrights on peoples work, you asking
> to get yourself, and FreeBSD Inc., into trouble.

	Both -stable and -current have been reverted...

	I just grabbed tzcode96g.tar.gz from elsie.nci.nih.gov...would it
be appropriate to take the copyright in there and use that?  Nope, that
won't do, since even his new code doesn't have a copyright on it...

	Do we want to merge in the new code...?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org