Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 13:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38540: sysinstall application name should be Sysinstall with right tags in all the Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/38540; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 22:39:20 +0200

 On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:10:18PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > > I took the caps as a convention cause when we talk about the command
 > > we use /stand/sysinstall and not sysinstall, same for
 > > <application>FDisk</application> etc...
 >
 > I am very certain that ``FDisk'' or ``fDisk'' or whatever else one can
 > come up with is the wrong way to refer to &man.fdisk.8;.

 Of course.

 In reading more of these *things*, i think it comes from application
 like "Partition Magic" for which "P" and "M" are correct in the name
 of the application, and from the fact in section title all words start
 with an upper case. Maybe then people took the habit of having upper
 case for application name.

 Marc