Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:00:26 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Modules System (Was: Panic on 'kldunload snd')

Chris BeHanna wrote:
>>Is it just the dependancies between
>>modules that are a bit of a problem, or is the whole system not quite
>>ready for the light of day in a production environment? (I say this
>>because I notice that there is no documentation on the modules system
>>anywhere in the doc tree other than the developer's handbook.)
>

>     It may well be that you've just tickled a bug that's heretofore
> gone unnoticed.  Not too many people kldload their sound modules (from
> what I've seen on -stable), and fewer still kldunload them on a lark,
> I'd imagine.  I'm not saying what you did is wrong; it's just
> uncommon (and worthy of a PR).

Much appreciated Chris, I'll submit a PR for this. Then at least we have
a record of the fact that this problem was found, I'm not sure how much
interest there would be in fixing it though....

BTW, does anyone know what I should get from kgdb to go into the bug
report in order for it to be of maximum use for those who might be able
to fix the problem? Is is just a 'where' or is there something that is
more useful?

> (Despite entries 9-11, no, I don't yet have DRI working.  :-/  I still
> have to follow the instructions on the FreeBSD DRI webpage to apply
> all of the patches and give it a whirl.).

Best of luck :-)

Andrew.