Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:08:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new kernel

On Aug 3, Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu> wrote:
> I have an NCR 825 card, and I was just trying out a new kernel, but it
> wouldn't complete the boot.  It gets to the line:
>
> ncr0: waiting for scsi devices to settle
>
> and just hangs.  I waited 5 minutes, then rebooted.  Any idea if I couased
> this myself?

I don't think so, but I did not receive
any other NCR bug report, recently, and
thus there may be something special with
your controller or system.

Please answer a few questions:

Is this with the latest -current kernel ?

Did a kernel built from sources more recent
than July 28th work ?

Assuming you got a local CVS repository,
could you please check whether rev. 1.100
or perhaps even 1.102 still worked, or
whether you have to go back to 1.99 ?

Your problem could still be caused by
changes to other parts of the kernel, but
since there were a number of commits to
the driver over the last few days, it may
be a driver bug, which I'm most interested
to find and fix.

Regards, STefan