Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:48:00 -0400
From:      "Alex Hoff" <ahoff@sandvine.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        tegge@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   panic: pmap_enter: attempted pmap_enter on 4MB page

Hello,=20

Ive talked to a few people about this crash already, but I might as well =
get a discussion going. Running 5.3 beta 4 (as of Sunday) with Postgress =
7.4.2 running on it under heavy load will run into "panic: pmap_enter: =
attempted pmap_enter on 4MB page". The machine we are running on is a =
dual xeon 2.8 ghz w/ HyperThreading off, 4 gigs of ram and a 980G RAID5 =
setup. Using a small database with a total of 100 clients, 80 doing =
updates and 20 doing queries via tcl (db + clients on the same machine), =
it runs until fills up 4gigs of ram, then 4 gigs of swap, then we kill =
it cleanly rc.d script stop)