Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:04:33 -0000
From:      "Holdich, Kristian" <kristian.holdich@wcom.co.uk>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Installation / Configuration...

Hi,

I recently installed FreeBSD on my laptop (a thinkpad 600) and am slowly
getting things working, X is going and now i'm looking at networking...

When it was first installed, there was a screen that allowed you to choose
which bits of hardware were to be loaded and what parameters to run it with.
After the installation the kernel defaulted to loading and probing anything,
how do I go about changing this? Can i run that app again or is it a
recompile?

Also, has anyone got experience with 3c589d PCMCIA cards and getting them to
work?

Cheers

Kristian