Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 23:31:24 -0700
From:      "Cliff L. Biffle" <cbiffle@safety.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Powering down / 'stop'ing cards under NEWCARD?

One thing I noticed when I upgraded to -current was that pccardc no longer
worked.  There were no device nodes for my PCMCIA controllers, etc.

This hasn't bothered me until now, as I've found a card (3Com EtherlinkIII)
that seems to want to be properly shut down before eject.  Otherwise, it
hangs the machine hard.

That specific problem I'll deal with another day, but for now, is there any
way to 'stop' a card under -current with NEWCARD?

-Cliff L. Biffle