Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:30:32 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need /bin/sh script help

Hello again all,
    Just making a series of sh scripts to help automate updating and
whatnot of my fileserver (since I am trying to avoid having mistakes
occur with my system, and maybe help the community out a bit by
providing some decent means of updating their own machines), and I was
wondering if anyone could help me out with the following script I've
developing (the grep if statements are incorrect..):

#!/bin/sh
#

KC="";

cd /usr/src;

if [ -n `grep -e s/KERNCONF=/ /etc/make.conf` ] # want to look for
KERNCONF in /etc/make.conf
then
        echo "enter in the kernel conf file full pathname:";
        read KERNCONF;
        KC="KERNCONF=$KERNCONF";
fi

if [ -n `grep -e s/NO_CLEAN=*yes*/ /etc/make.conf` ] // want to look for
NO_CLEAN in /etc/make.conf -- is this really necessary?
then
        cd sys;
        echo "cleaning sources"
        make clean;
        make cleandir;
        cd ..;
fi

echo "building kernel";
make buildkernel $KC;

echo "installing kernel";
make installkernel $KC;

echo "kernel compile complete. reboot to try new kernel";

TIA,
-Garrett