Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:37:03 -0500
From:      Joseph a Nagy Jr <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd@troback.com, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gramps 3.3.0 Final Report

--------------enig697B79AA0E47DFB9128F6380

--------------050804060102030500020509

Sent to the maintainer and to the ports list because of a complaint that
the maintainer isn't listening to the developers.

I encountered a bug[0] that caused GRAMPS to crash. I filed a bug report
with the developers as the port built just fine. I got a quick response
(surprisingly) and was pointed toward a second bug[1] with a similar
problem and a possible solution, though that person never got back to the=
m.

As you can see in my bug report comments, I changed a line in the Makefil=
e:

-USE_BDB=3D        43
+USE_BDB=3D        48

And instead of

echo "WITH_BERKELEYDB=3Ddb43" >> /etc/make.conf
echo "WITH_BDB_VER=3D43" >> /etc/make.conf

I manually changed both to:

WITH_BERKELEYDB=3Ddb48
WITH_BDB_VER=3D48

and rebuilt py-bsddb. Gramps now works as expected. This should be
updated in ports as soon as possible to avoid future unnecessary bug
reports to the Gramps developers.

[0]: http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3D6157
[1]: http://bugs.gramps-project.org/view.php?id=3D5833#c24451
--=20
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org