Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:35:02 -0600
From:      Ben Schumacher <ben@henshaw.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph based MAC authentication (core dump information)

At 07:04 AM 9/18/2000 -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
>it seems that the packet you are reinjecting into the
>system does not include a pointer to theinterface it comes from,
>and udp_input() is calling in_broadcast with this packet's ifp
>pointer which is NULL.
>
>try the following patch..

Julian-

The patch worked.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  The patched
seem to fix both the DHCP issue (the kernel panics) and the ARP issue.

One quick question though, if I do decide to go the node route, can you
suggest any reference on mbuf packets?  I don't care if its a book or
website or man page, etc.  I just haven't been able to find much, except
the information I gleaned from reading through mbuf.h.  I just figure there
must be something else out there.  So far my daemon is working the way its
suppose to, but CPU usage gets pretty high (3% or more) when I'm testing
with just one client box, so I'm worried about what may happen if I connect
100 or more.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.
- Ben Schumacher