Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:28:19 +0200
From:      Berczi Gabor <freebsd@berczi.be>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS boot fails with two pools

On Jul 7, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

>>> 2. Try to convince bios to boot from the disk of pool2.
>>=20
>> There is no disk with a singular ZFS pool.
>=20
> Any disk from bootable pool.

Every disk contains two pools. And the BIOS sees only two (maybe three) =
of them.

>>> 3. You can possibly try deploying /boot/boot0 MBR selector code over =
disks of data pool. Supplied boot0 code can be used to choose another =
disk to jump to it during boot process and will remember the last =
choice.
>>=20
>> I'm not really sure how to do this with GPT. Should I use boot0 =
instead of pmbr?
>=20
> boot0cfg is your old friend

Cool, how do we get acquinted?

> Actuall I think that code on that stages just tries to boot from the =
pool on the current disk.

There are two pools on it...