Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 05:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38810: Minor change in section 2.13.5 of the Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/38810; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 13:00:19 +0100

 On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 12:07:18AM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

 > In section 2.13.5 of the Handbook, we can read "If you want to install
 > by FTP via a HTTP proxy (see below)," the '(see below)' refers to
 > nothing, have a look to
 > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-diff-media.html
 > for more details.
 > In fact it's a remain of an old section where that part was used in
 > descrition of all installation methods.

 The text "(see below)" refers to a note in the install-media section, which
 explains various situations regarding proxy servers.

 It may look a bit weird on the website, but does make sense on printed media.

 Whether/How we should fix it is hereby thrown open to discussion.

 Ceri

 --
 you can't see when light's so strong
 you can't see when light is gone