Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:57:30 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        "Thomas S. Crum" <tscrum@aaawebsolution.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_ssl and mod_php4

--On Sunday, October 17, 2004 01:45:45 PM -0400 "Thomas S. Crum"
<tscrum@aaawebsolution.com> wrote:

> I started by installing the pkg apache w/ mod_ssl.
>
> When I attempt to install mod_php4 or /lang/php4 it wants to reinstall
> apache w/out ssl and fails because an apache package is already on the
> system.
>
> Any advice in getting apache w/ ssl and php installed using pkgs?

I'm not sure why you'd be having this problem.  I'm running
apache13-mod-ssl with php4 and mod-php4 without any problems.

You said "installing the pkg".  Do you mean you're using the package?  Or
you're compiling from the port?  If the former, try the latter.  First
install www/apache13-mod-ssl.  Then install lang/php4.  Then install
lang/php-extensions and make sure to choose mod-php as well as the other
extensions that you need.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas