Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:21:42 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        stanb@panix.com
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hown can I add local configure options while building a port?

* stanb@panix.com <stanb@panix.com> [20001030 20:01]:
=>	I have just run inot something for the second tiem.
=>
=>	I hav always built amanda by hand, rather than using the ports tree,
=>	because I need a number of configure flags for local reasons.
=>
=>	Well, I just hit upon the 2nd package like that (ucd-snmp) so I geuss
=>	it's time to learn how to do thsi "the correct wya"
=>
=>	So, how can O pass extra options to the configure script, while still
=>	using the ports tree to build a given package?

You might have to modify the Makefile in /usr/ports/../port but I maybe
wrong ...

=>
=>--
=>Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154
=>Charleston SC
=>--
=>"Be careful not to step
=>in the Microsoft."  -- John Denker
=>
=>
=>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
=>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is
more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to
time. -Honori de Balzac, "The Physiology of Marriage", 1829
(contributed by Chris Johnston)