Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 05:15:20 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 64-bit time_t

At 11:25 PM 8/13/98 +0000, Mike Smith wrote:

>Funny, that's what Unix is.  A big box full of tools.

Many of which, due to legacy code, are redundant and cause
unnecessary bloat and confusion.

>Pick the right one for the job, and you'll bruise much less often.

Make one more generally useful, and you won't have to root around
hunting for the one (of dozens) that's exactly right.

It's amazing the excuses people will make not to update their tools!
I suppose this is why so much is still written in C, which is
generally acknowledged to be a rusty tool without safety guards.

--Brett