Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:16:17 -0300
From:      Dump Mail Address <dump@gmx.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TexLive: can't change fonts.

Hello,

11.0-RELEASE-p1, and texlive-full installed from ports.

I am getting serious problems to get fonts working on Texlive. I sent an=20
e-mail before to freebsd-tex but it aparently was ignored.

Basically the only font properly working is some kind of "generic" serif=20
one. It is certainly not Computer Modern nor Latin Modern.

Wherever font I try to use, including lmodern, I do get an error of it not=20=

being installed. The only exception I found is "URW Classico" I installed=20
using getnonfreefonts-sys, but only when setting=20
"\allsectionsfont{\sffamily}", and only in the sections.

For lmodern:
"mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-lmr12. mktexpk:=20
perhaps ec-lmr12 is missing from the map file."

kpsewhich ec-lmr12.tfm:
"/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/lm/ec-lmr12.tfm"

Using updmap-sys didn't help.

I created a forum post where the problem is more wisely explained:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/60150/

Thank you in advance.
LBdM.